Monday, November 16, 2015

Half Marathon Training: Week 5

Happy Monday!

I promise to post something other than my training schedule at the end of this week...I swear!

This last week went pretty well- I made the majority of my work outs -  except for Thursday morning.  Wednesday night involved 2 bottles of wine, and Thursday morning was not fast moving...Saturday's long run was great though! I ended up running a little over 10 miles, with over half of it on trails along Buffalo Bayou.  Here's a picture from half way with the hound dog.


Thursday was a nice night out for the Hubs 30th.  Wine bar and French restaurant on the north side of Houston.  Here's a picture of the celebrations.  I know, we're the cutest.


Okay, now on with the training plan.  This week I am working to incorporate more speed work.

Monday - Speed day - 10 min w/u, 1 mi half marathon speed, then 5x (2mins on, 1 min off) Cool down
Tuesday - AM - 30 mins easy, PM - 45 mins easy
Wednesday - Lift/cycle
Thursday  - AM - 20 mins easy, PM - 5 mi Kenyan Progression  (check out http://blog.strava.com/wow-the-kenyanprogression-9453/ , I get a lot of my workout ideas from Strava)
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Long run: 1:45
Sunday - Easy 20 min run, stretching, and core 

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment